Moonsorrow

Epic Heathen Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Welcome
Welcome to moonsorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: What songs you would like to hear live
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:48 pm 

The actual album songs we've never played live before:

1065: Aika
Hiidenpelto including Häpeän hiljaiset vedet
Tuulen tytär including Soturin tie
Matkan lopussa (gig outro from mp3 several times tho)
Haaska
Kaiku
Jäästä syntynyt / Varjojen virta

Tuleen ajettu maa was every time slightly cut shorter on the shows we played it.

From demos we have only played Taistelu Pohjolasta (version similar to what was recorded on Tulimyrsky) and Hvergelmir (just a couple of times during 2000).

Cover songs played live:

Slayer - Angel Of Death (Just once with Janne on vocals)
Bathory - Vinterblot (A few times on a normal MS gig. Also the whole tribute show to Quorthon played with many viking era Bathory songs, can be found on youtube. Not so good.)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:31 pm 

Wow, and all the rest yes? That means Tuulen koti, aaltojen koti as well ♥

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:10 pm 

I think I've seen/heard a recording of "Tuulen koti" but I have no idea where o.0 maybe I only saw it in a setlist or something and imagined the rest.

Concerning covers... another source ( :mrgreen: ) says you also played

Manowar - Thor (The Powerhead)
Merciless - Back to North

which I remember basically because it would be so awesome to hear Thor in a concert of yours! I would "forgive" the absence of Taistelus and Karhunkynsis :P

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:34 pm 

While we're talking about Back to North - I don't know if any of you guys are interested in videos of the original version live. For years after Tulimyrsky came out I really liked the cover, had listened to the original and liked that too, but nothing much past that. I always thought that Merciless was the single greatest band name I've ever heard (it's short, it's sounds like phonetically, everyone knows how to pronounce it, everyone knows what it means, it's relatively original, and it immediately makes you imagine what the music sounds like).

Anyway, I eventually decided to check out the whole Unbound albums and now it's one of my favorite albums. But, as it happens, it was the band's last album before they (temporarily) broke up. There's not a lot of videos anywhere I can find of the band touring for that album, and the DVD they released after they reunited only has one track from that album in the setlist.

Anyway, if any of you are curious to hear the original Back to North live, I eventually found this video of them playing it live 8 months before the album came out with some differences from how it ultimately turned out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g80VLcZKUWU

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:02 pm 

No, no cover songs live! Grilo, you be mad? :P They have so many songs they have to omit already, not omit more because of covers! :)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:28 pm 

But it's Thor! And it's only four minutes! It's actually a great use of time, because Moonsorrow can't really fill five extra minutes. Or yes, with "Tulkaapa äijät", but that one I have no problem exchanging for Thor. He swings his hammer to crack the sky, lifts his cape so that he might fly back to Odin and the gods on high and leaves this mortal world; while all äijät do is tulkaaping.

I think I should go to bed.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:38 pm 

What the äijät do is tulling, sorry, you lose.
There are 5 minute songs...

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:02 pm 

Oh yes I totally forgot Thor and Back To North!

Thor was played in Tuska once and Back To North in Helsinki once at club Nosturi some thousand years ago. That version was very true to the original. The arrangement on Tulimyrsky came much later.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:07 pm 

Tuulen koti... was played a couple of times during 2010-2011. And also in Wacken 2007. Opening song on tent stage. Immortal played at the same time on main stage. What a timing...

See, I CAN remember things, I'm not senile yet!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:43 pm 

It is actually incredible how well and detailedly you remember! And that with Immortal.. I'm sure many fans were pissed of as hell.. But well, it is Wacken, you probably had a full house anyway :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next