Moonsorrow

Epic Heathen Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Welcome
Welcome to moonsorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Stonebearer (UK Acoustic Moonsorrow tribute act)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:08 pm 

I know some of you will be familiar with my acoustic Huuto cover... Well, I've been offered a couple of gigs playing some acoustic Moonsorrow covers live, so I figured the act needed a name (so I went for the English translation of Kivenkantaja) and facebook page and stuff. And now that I seem to be doing this "seriously", there will definitely be further covers recorded in the future. There are some that I definitely want to do, but I'm thinking I'll open up to requests at some point. ;)

If any UK people (or even non-UK people) are interested, I'd definitely recommend getting yourselves to The Blackwood Gathering, a unique black metal festival in a forest in the Lake District. I'm playing with this project of course, hopefully outside around the fire if the weather's alright. It will be highly atmospheric! So if you want to hear some acoustic Moonsorrow covers in a forest around a fire, consider coming along. The rest of the festival is always worth seeing too!

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Stonebearer (UK Acoustic Moonsorrow tribute act)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:12 pm 

Be sure to share new recordings here whenever you make them! I'm so looking forward to this :D

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:10 am 

I am reaaally gonna try and make The Blackwood Gathering, I absolutely love the concept of it! Ever since I heard about Wolves In The Throne Room doing a torchlit set in a forest somewhere in British Columbia I've always wanted some black metal in a forest. It just seems so right!

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:01 am 

Only a couple of days to go until Blackwood! We're trying to desperately cram-learn the last few songs. One of which is Tulimyrsky. Help...

I guess it's my own fault for procrastinating and letting the event creep up on me like that, I had months to prepare that I didn't even use...

Edit: But practise today was very fruitful. I think we'll pull this off! Having to be untr00 and use some sheet music and cue sheets though. But we can do this!

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:55 pm 

The absent crowd demands a recording on Youtube! :D

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:43 pm 

Well I can only hope someone will record it, though I can't guarantee it!

Post-gig edit: So yeah, it went alright! The main downside was that for the most part we were just providing "background music" while people chatted and minded their own business, so very few people actually listened. But the few who did were very appreciative. I think the highlight for me was the slot we did down at the Moon Pond (a pond a little deeper into the woods where magical rituals take place) with torches burning around us as we played Jotunheim and Kaiku. More people actually listened for that one too because it was more of a "special event" kinda thing. I also especially enjoyed getting to play Tulimyrsky even though only about 5 people were paying attention... For that one, they'd just lit the fire pit in the centre of where we were performing. The idea was that once the fire was lit, we'd bring the "firestorm" ;) ...On paper it seemed like a great idea as it'd be super atmospheric but all that happened was everyone just crowded around the fire to keep warm and chat that they paid even less attention to us. But we loved actually playing the song, even if it was just for like 5 people. We actually abandoned our final slot, we just couldn't be bothered because nobody else seemed bothered which was a shame, it would've been PimeƤ, but still we enjoyed what we did get to do.

Report this post