Moonsorrow

Epic Heathen Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Welcome
Welcome to moonsorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Festival season begins!
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:31 pm 

Hello,

it was an awfull rainy day in Paris today and the only thing that can cheer me up is thinking about summer and the festivals I will attend!!

After going in Finland 3 summers in a row, this year I'm staying "home". I will attend Hellfest and Motocultor where I'm a volunteer. I already know I won't enjoy Hellfest http://www.hellfest.fr/ that much because I have my working schedule and it will prevent me of seeing a lot of bands :( But I'll party with friends and have the opportunity to see this big festival from the other side of the fence, so it's nice.
In august, I'll be back in Bretagne for Motocultor, it's my 5th year there as a volunteer and it's a real pleasure to see the festival growing up and bands coming back. I'm in the backstage hospitality crew, so I don't really have a schedule, I work from 9am to 3am and crash in a corner for a nap when I can. Last year I saw one gig: Enslaved :lol:
http://www.motocultor-festival.com/wordpress/home-2/

Finally, I'll attend Fall of Summer festival in september, in Paris suburb, like 45min by train from where I live and I won't be a volunteer!! So party and gigs all day and night for once!!!
https://www.facebook.com/FallOfSummer

I saw this morning a nice festival in Helsinki by the end of september, but 5 days ago I bought a train ticket and booked an hotel in London for that exact same week end so I won't be able to attend. If they book Moonsorrow for it i'm really going to be pissed :cry:

MNge

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Festival season begins!
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:23 pm 

Last summer I got to visit I think like 12 of Finlands festival with Rytmihäiriö.
This year they arent doing festival or maybe one or two so I'm not going to so many festivals this year.

Actually I have no idea if I'm going to pay myself in to any because I have no money and no job. Also there isn't so much interesting bands either. Why the hell does flight tickets cost so much? Other countries have so good festivals with awesome lineups.

E: Well actually. I'm going to few very small "festivals" with local grindcore band Cut To Fit.
With Barren Earth I'll visit Karmarock and Union Festival (+Swallow The Sun[!!], Sólstafir and Katatonia).

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:52 pm 

Well, there's Tuska. Emperor by itself already makes an awesome line-up! :P

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:10 pm 

Grilo do Demo wrote:
Well, there's Tuska. Emperor by itself already makes an awesome line-up! :P

Yes but that very same weekend I'm in Stockholm with my girlfriend to see Pearl Jam what is one of her favorite bands.
In Tuska there would be few bands that I'd like to see, but yeah. Stockholm calls.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:34 pm 

rotte wrote:
Last summer I got to visit I think like 12 of Finlands festival with Rytmihäiriö.

I was in Nummirock last year and saw their gig. Well, sort of, I was really drunk... :oops:

Quote:
Yes but that very same weekend I'm in Stockholm with my girlfriend to see Pearl Jam what is one of her favorite bands.

Thats wy I'm single!
Wait.
No.
That's because I have a very bad temper XD

MNge

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:47 pm 

That is called not the reason but the purpose :P ^^ hihi

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:04 pm 

marieneige wrote:
rotte wrote:

I was in Nummirock last year and saw their gig. Well, sort of, I was really drunk... :oops:

Quote:

Thats wy I'm single!
Wait.
No.
That's because I have a very bad temper XD

MNge

I think most of the people who were in Nummirock watching Rytmihäiriö says that "they think they saw" :D
Nummirock is probably the most alcoholic festival in Finland.

I dont actually mind going to Stockholm. Never seen Pearl Jam before and I'm kinda waiting for that. Also it will be our first trip outside Finland.
Also couple last years Tuska's have had like 8-10 artists per day that I'd really like to see. This year there are like 5-6 artisits and still some of them are like "I dont mind if I'd miss them". Also stand-up-comedy on the second main stage in Tuska doesn't really work for either for some reason. More music, less talking on stage.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:46 pm 

Whaaaaat??
Stand up comedy in Tuska?
I've been in Tuska the past 3 years and I have to admit the interest in the bill decreased for me every year, I think it's just me :?

I really liked Nummirock, not because I was drunk ;) it's in a wonderfull place, but it's the same week end as Hellfest, I had to make a choice this year. Maybe I'll come back in 2015.

MNge

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:44 pm 

Tuska always seemed so nice, but this year, when I will spend the summer in Finland, the lineup does't seem that attractive that I wuold decide to get away from work to there. Except seeing Emperor, because Emperor.

Report this post