Moonsorrow

Epic Heathen Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:04 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Welcome
Welcome to moonsorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: What songs you would like to hear live
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:39 pm 

Snow?! Now that is something! And from the video I can assume that Ville and Markus performed on a stage with their torsos naked...this is what I call the true northern spirit! :D

Actually, 2013 was also an adventure to me as I was going with people I did not know a bit before and that experience opened my eyes a lot, so to say, and it was my first time in the mountains... so basically all I did there during the festival was running here and there almost crying in awe about everything happening around me and a little headbanging in meanwhile :D It is really hard to tell what bands I liked the most that time, but I was really impressed by 1349, Shining, Eluveitie and Immortal. And you?

This year was a bit hard for me as I was under huuuge pressure from my friends and relatives as they had thought I, being Russian, would be killed right in the moment I would step out of the train there (eventually, they have been calling me every hour asking if it was all ok with me, crazy! :\) I had never regretted going, the shows were really mind-blowing and very emotional, my favourites from this year are Trollfest, Wardruna, Gods Tower (fans of folk metal should definitely check them!), Taake (this one was SO CRAZY!), Elderblood and Behemoth. The main disappointing issue was that a lot of bands couldn't make it to the festival because of different reasons (Watain, at foremost, such a pity!), but on the other hand, I had a lot of time to roam around in mountains due to that :) The weather was milder this year in comparison with the previous one (when I had thought I would die of hypothermia) but with neverending rains (and ice hail once!) so we had to sail oceans of mud in front of the stage :D Food was more diversified, but not of a good quality. People also say guards were a bit rude, personally I did not have any problems with them and even managed to bring my own food and water to the festival site ;)
Oh, and this new feature, signing sessions...that turned into a real chaos afterwards; I was almost kicked out from the signing place for speaking to Gaahl for less than 2 minutes, ridiculous!
To sum up, am I going there next year? Of course! :D But I definitely need to combine the festival with a week of hiking there, the mountains are so impressive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:30 pm 

Oh man, seeing Moonsorrow in the snow would be incredible! They could perform VKKM in its entirety, with the audience providing the snow footsteps sound effects!

My two favourites Huuto and Pimeä have already been ticked off my list, so what I really want to hear live now is Tulimyrsky (which they would have played in York were it not for Marko's injury) and Jäästä Syntynyt/Varjojen Virta (but they don't plan to ever play that live so I guess I'll just have to keep dreaming...)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:30 am 

I'm usually quite satisfied on whatever bands play on their shows but Karhunkynsi is one of those songs that I'd reallyreallyreally would like to hear one day.