Moonsorrow

Epic Heathen Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Welcome
Welcome to moonsorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: 2015. Moonsorrow 20 years.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:42 pm 

I had a sudden realization that next year Moonsorrow will be 20 years old.
Then I started to think that is there going to be anything special happening?

What do you think?
Should they do some special show/tour, something or nothing?

Post subject: Re: 2015. Moonsorrow 20 years.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:10 pm 

They'll drink more I'm afraid :lol:

All I want and need is a new album, a european tour and gigs in all the festivals I attend. Yep, that's totally selfish, merci beaucoup !
I don't see anything that "fits" Moonsorrow. I can't imagine a worldwide tour with fireworks and 20 songs long shows in arenas. Even a tribute album by other bands sounds weird. There's already a DVD coming with the LP box set, maybe they'll release it for a wider audience? A live album?

MNge

Side note, how is it possible the band is 20 years old when the members are around my age? When I was 15 my life was playing on the computer, learning irregular english verbs and hidding my pack of cigarettes in a missing brick slot in a wall on my way back from high school. Ho and earning money to mail order cassettes and CDs from far away exotic countries like Norway and Finland... :?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:43 am 

Easily- as all people playing in bands, we started young. But I get the point though. Marko had actually tape- traded himself an Unleashed demo tape and Sentenced demo while being 13 years old, which never ceases to astonish me.

For what it comes to the special show, I´m pretty sure we won´t be doing anything at least if it´s up to me. I absolutely detest bands doing "X years from this album"- milking (as a sidenote, I think it´s the equivalent of "yeah, we know our new albums are never gonna be as good as this one") and whatever anniversary ******** and concentrate on the future only with Moonsorrow.
Also, what happened with Finntroll´s Nattfödd- tour was out of my hands despite of my protesting, so you don´t have to bring that up, haha.

EDIT: Concerning a tribute- album, it should be US doing it and definitely not vice versa. We owe so much to other bands that I find it completely pointless someone being influenced by us...being influenced by Bathory, Emperor, Thyrfing, Burzum, Einherjer, Enslaved, and countless others. But nevertheless, we´re not gonna a lousy tribute playing someone else´s songs on 6/8 with slower tempo and synths. Been there, done that twice already!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:15 pm 

Henir wrote:
But nevertheless, we´re not gonna a lousy tribute playing someone else´s songs on 6/8 with slower tempo and synths. Been there, done that twice already!

...and lengthening the songs by repeating each riff 10 times more than in the original? ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:33 pm 

Only the good riffs!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:22 pm 

I'll do my part to salute the best band ever and do a mouth harp-tribute only released on 8-track.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:15 pm 

8 mouth harp tracks? Whoah! A mouth harp symphony! Looking forward to that!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:25 pm 

Well, I'd be happy if you come and play in Lisbon so I can attend your concert for the first time! I know you did a hell of a show when you played in Vagos Open Air in 2013!