Moonsorrow

Epic Heathen Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Welcome
Welcome to moonsorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: New album 2015
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:06 pm 

Grilo do Demo wrote:
Hey hey we want a pic of ze French of ze forum together! So you guys have already met in person? :D

Not at all (maybe we should move the conversation in another topic?) I take the train tomorrow morning for Bordeaux, so, Moulk, if you want to catch up* look out for the fat lady with an orobouros tattoo on her right arm.

MNge

* and mustard!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:31 pm 

Hahhahahahahahahahha and moustard :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:29 pm 

Grilo do Demo wrote:
Hahhahahahahahahahha and moustard :D

Are you really sure you want to encourage me on that path?

I didn't manage to catch the Moulk yesterday, he probably got cold feet :twisted:

MNge

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:38 pm 

Well, I'm sorry guys. I didn't have internet for a few days and did not see these messages... So no picture, sorry :( We'll have to wait for the Hellfest, maybe (I'm not sure to go, and not sure Marie-Neige is going either).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:19 pm 

Interesting review and discussion

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/7048 ... lten-Aika/

And I have to agree with most of it. Interesting that the band was delaying the recording of the album "until they found the right direction", since direction is exactly what this album seems to be lacking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:48 pm 

razorback917 wrote:
Interesting review and discussion

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/7048 ... lten-Aika/

And I have to agree with most of it. Interesting that the band was delaying the recording of the album "until they found the right direction", since direction is exactly what this album seems to be lacking

This is why I never read reviews and less and less interviews.
It messes up with MY mind, when I like something and others don't I start questionning myself. And I shouldn't.

Anyway, I know the forum is a lot of goofing around and not much deep chat about the band and music (that's maybe why it's always the same people talking). I'd like to engage in discussing the last album deeply but I can't, I can't even in french, it's too personal :/ I mean I don't have the word to express my feelings.
So here just saying I'd like to talk more about music itself, and less about funny topics or just praising the band blindly, but it's difficult, however I'll always read with attention and I'd like to see more serious chat on the board :p

When I'm done with the tour, I'll (try to) write a report, it will be on my blog because it's really personal and maybe not that much about the band, yet, I have things to say that might link to this review.

MNge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:45 pm 

marieneige wrote:
This is why I never read reviews and less and less interviews.
It messes up with MY mind, when I like something and others don't I start questionning myself. And I shouldn't.

You took the words right out of my mouth (well, of my keyboard). I really HATE reading reviews when the point of view is bad on a subject I like. But it's like morbid curiosity, I can't help reading them. And everytime I face the work again (music, movie, or whatever), I'm remembering why those people don't like it, and it spoils my pleasure. But in the meantime, it is great to have other points of views, it helps to understand the work as a whole. I think the main issue with reviews on the net is the lack of verbal discussion, it is too formal, you can't really debate on anything with the writer. With friends face to face, this is completely different. On a forum, I can't really tell but I think it would also lack the spontaneity.

Meh. If anyone would like to share their thoughts on the album, I would be the first to reply anyway. Passionately. With fire in my words. Naked on the top of the highest mountain at sunset with northern lights dancing in the sky as the night begins to embrace the world.

marieneige wrote:
When I'm done with the tour, I'll (try to) write a report, it will be on my blog because it's really personal and maybe not that much about the band, yet, I have things to say that might link to this review.

Yeah, I'd like to read that, I bet your writing style for that kind of thing is croustillant :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:53 pm 

It doesn't spoil my pleasure, it just takes me back to the days I was embarassed about enjoying Metal because I was picked on by my family and at school, I was young and had a low self esteem, I don't give a **** now (well, I still have self esteem issues, so...) but it sinks in me and I tend to overanalyzed. But apparently I speak about MS with passion because the last friend who provided me shelter didn't came to the gig because "meh, Moonsorrow" and when I left he was adding all their albums on his spotify play list XD

And yay, my crusty rotten english is going to shine bright!!!

MNge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:48 pm 

Okay well, you've put it in way which looked very similar to what I would have said. But the meaning was different, obviously. Still, it messes with my feelings when I read a bad review about an album I like.

And I like this album.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:39 am 

That review is not necessarily a bad one, the rating is too low though.. I personally like the album as well, I just dislike the feeling of "copy/paste" from previous records. And from completely different records stylewise I might add. U can hear this throughout, which makes one think if Henri is running out of ideas..

This wasnt the case with Verisakeet, Havittety, Tulimyrsky or Varjoina.. these albums always brought smth new and exciting..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next