Moonsorrow

Epic Heathen Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:13 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Welcome
Welcome to moonsorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Moonsorrow related bands
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:32 pm 

Everything tells me that I should love Barren Earth, but I just can't... Other than Flicker from the first album, they sadly sound pretty uninteresting to me. This new song would be my second favourite, so I guess I'll check out the album when it's released. October Falls is good stuff. Only have Marras, the first acoustc album, as well as some not so legal downloads, which will soon be replaced by very legal CDs, cause I just discovered the band a couple of months ago and it's definitely good stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:52 pm 

Seems there are A LOT of Moonsorrow related bands here, lol!

http://www.metalinjection.net/fashion/did-hm-create-fake-underground-metal-bands-with-nazi-imagery-to-push-its-new-clothing-line

http://www.metalinjection.net/fashion/strong-scene-productions-distance-themselves-from-h-admit-this-was-all-a-ruse-by-an-art-collective

And:

http://www.metalinjection.net/shocking-revelations/finntroll-guitarist-admits-hes-behind-hm-neo-nazi-fake-band-hoax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:33 pm 

Yes, and someone wrote the most stupid, arrogant and annoying article I've read in a decade:
http://www.metalinjection.net/editorial ... l-by-sgt-d

I'm busy now, will comment on this whole story later because it was awesome :D

Look at this: http://www.tuska-festival.fi/en/?page=index&id=373

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:14 am 

Well, I read as much as "The following is a guest editorial by the prolific metal trend analyst Sergeant D." until I felt I did not need to read any more. "trend" and "metal"? LOLOLOL!

Damn, I need to go to Tuska to see all these classic acts! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:29 am 

The "Buried by Night" demo by Gorewinter is something I listen to quite often still actually. I would really like to hear more material in the same vein!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:44 am 

Yes, I like that one and also Battleblack. Not the other one though. I'm not sure if that one is done like that on purpose or they were too, ehm, inexperienced. :P

Do you have the original CD anyway?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:31 pm 

I do have it but I have no idea where. I've sold off all cds since the Moonsorrow box was announced and mostly listen to/buy vinyl these days. I still have all cds ripped to FLAC-format though so I can blast them via the mediaplayer. All Moonsorrow demos/lives/pre-production/related cds I have stashed in a box. Can't find it after reorganizing the bloody house though :-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:17 am 

Evil_Ed wrote:
Everything tells me that I should love Barren Earth, but I just can't... Other than Flicker from the first album, they sadly sound pretty uninteresting to me. This new song would be my second favourite, so I guess I'll check out the album when it's released. October Falls is good stuff.

I've always been quite unsure about Barren Earth, they have some pretty awesome proggy moments going but I find consistency is lacking on their releases. I have their second album "The Devil's Resolve" on CD and quite rarely listen to the thing as a whole despite being the kind of person who prefers listening to an album back to back! I'm also admittedly not a huge fan of the vocalist, can't really put my finger on why though. Still need to listen to the debut but I have heard Flicker and its easily up there as one of my favourite songs from them.

I do enjoy October Falls though, really need to listen to their new release, its got a lot of good press!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:44 am 

In my opinion:

The EP was tremendously promising;
The debut album blew my mind completely;
The second was surprisingly poor, it felt like leftovers from the previous, kinda;
The third is a return to shape, and the new vocalist is very good.

So I just pretend The Devil's Resolve never happened :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:50 pm 

Deocyn wrote:
I've always been quite unsure about Barren Earth, they have some pretty awesome proggy moments going but I find consistency is lacking on their releases. I have their second album "The Devil's Resolve" on CD and quite rarely listen to the thing as a whole despite being the kind of person who prefers listening to an album back to back! I'm also admittedly not a huge fan of the vocalist, can't really put my finger on why though. Still need to listen to the debut but I have heard Flicker and its easily up there as one of my favourite songs from them.

Grilo do Demo wrote:
In my opinion:

The EP was tremendously promising;
The debut album blew my mind completely;
The second was surprisingly poor, it felt like leftovers from the previous, kinda;
The third is a return to shape, and the new vocalist is very good.

So I just pretend The Devil's Resolve never happened :P

I think that the band also have said that "The Devil's Resolve" was done too fast and rushing. It's still a good album imo.
My favourite album is the new one and debut is next best.
Mikko was good singer in his way for the band but Jón makes this band like a whole new band haha!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next