Moonsorrow

Epic Heathen Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Welcome
Welcome to moonsorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Moonsorrow/Korpiklaani tour 2016
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:56 pm 

Moulk wrote:
I never realized Moonsorrow isn't attracting the same amount of people as Korpiklaani. You must be right, obviously Korpiklaani's music is way more accessible, but still, a part of me would like the audience to be the same. I want to believe @_@

MS has a black metal flavor you can't really taste on Korpik ^___^ and let's face it, Korpiklaani's audience in France is the same audience as Alestorm, Amon Amarth, Eluveitie and so on.
(And NOT the sharpest pencils in the box, regardless their tastes in music!! :roll: I've seen things, Moulk, things...)

MNge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:08 pm 

Are you trying to say that french fans of "mainstream extreme-death/folk/viking metal" are legion, but not anonymous? (i.e. they yell "EVELYNE DHELIAT" and "BUKKAKE" at every show, and spill their beer on everyone when they try to move)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:17 pm 

[quote="Moulk"]Are you trying to say that french fans of "mainstream extreme-death/folk/viking metal" are legion, but not anonymous? (i.e. they yell "EVELYNE DHELIAT" and "BUKKAKE" at every show, and spill their beer on everyone when they try to move)

I'm just too old for this ****!
When I was that age we yelled "à poils !" not more clever, but hey, it was just after the "no mosh, no fun, etc" norwegian Black Metal wave, we needed to smile again and enjoy gigs, not staying at the back of the venue with our arms crossed (which in NOT EASY with spiked leather-wrists!!! I still bear some scars!!!) trying to look more trve-grim-fröstbitten-than-you. WHAT IS YOUR EXCUSE?
:lol:

MNge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:37 pm 

I'm too young to have lived this (un)famous "no mosh, no fun" NBM wave. The only scar I got from a gig was when I was trying to do a pogo with only four other friends in front of a local punk band, in the middle of the street, so that's not very trve-apocalyptic-and-badass-looking. But I have one other, above the eye, and this is an epic one : I got it when I battled to death a bathtub when I was five.

The bathtub won.

So WHAT did you see, what is carved in your mind forever, even if you'd prefer to forget it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:54 pm 

The "éjaculation précoce" wall of death in Sélestat (I WILL NOT search the english name for that!!)
The "C'est de la merde!" in Paris, to which Mitja replied "Merci Paris, vous êtes magnifiques !" (like, I don't speak french but I got that, ********!)
The "critical fail stealth" beer thief in Bordeaux
The dude next to me in Brest who stayed in the front row the whole set without moving, not a clap, not a cheer, not a nod of the head!!!!
The bunch in Lyon who were saying they'd like to love MS but "it lacks something", and apparently Arkona or Eluveitie got "the thing" (BTW, it's called boobs, Ville used to have a pair, but he's hiding them now, too sad...)

MNge (I should go to bed..)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:04 pm 

1) French are known to be the worst at timing (claps, walls of death, etc). Being a drummer, I hate them.
2) Heard that in Limoges too, felt an urge to kick the guy in the balls (he was behind me, but I don't know where, so no balls were kicked that day)
3) Only hearts can be stolen, and only by Moonsorrow.
4) Eeeeeerrrrrrhhhhh u.u
5) Okay, I laughed at the end of your sentence, well played.
6) Nighty night!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:49 am 

Let's go to Londoooooon!!!
No, I'm not tired yet!!! They say you never bathe twice in the same water, I never bathe twice in the same Moonsorrow :lol:

MNge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:55 am 

London's gig was filmed!!! And by Léo if my eyes are not totally useless.
It was weird, Ville was a little too talktative haha, but I can tell you it's going to be a nice DVD ;)

MNge, your local reporter with a terrible neck ache

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:28 pm 

That's awesome how Moonsorrow tried so hard to have a live DVD for years, and then, poof, fans manage to make this a reality. Need to see that :D

Be careful, I've read on the internet if you headbang too much, your head will fall from your neck and roll on the floor. It's on the internet, it must be true.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:42 pm 

Today Leo mixed/edited/whatever the video of one song, not with all the cameras, 2 are yet to be added, and he wrote me with a lot of capitals and exclamation marks **** how awesome it was; and he's not a person who really uses capitals or exclamation marks. Also, we have interviews with at least two Danish fans and with the 69-year-old man appearing in the photo the band posted, he actually went to talk to the band because Leo took him in. So now you already know some of the DVD extra interviews :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next