Moonsorrow

Epic Heathen Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Welcome
Welcome to moonsorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Lunar Womb and Dungeon Synth
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:38 am 

Hey everyone! I guess many of you follow Henri on Twitter, so you might have seen in one of his latest tweets that the third demo of his old project with Ville, Lunar Womb (R.I.P.), has finally been released, and is free to download. In case you missed the link, here it is.

http://ascoven.blogspot.fr/2016/04/luna ... -1999.html

For those unfamiliar with this band, this isn't Metal at all, they call this style Dungeon Synth. To be fair, I didn't really explore this style before having heard this demo. Kind of atmospheric stuff, really cool at night.

But I noticed the second song on the demo (which counts five for a total length of 34 minutes) has quite the same spirit as Kuun Suru on Tämä Ikuinen Talvi, but mostly as the intro of Taistelu Pohjolasta on the same record, which came out the year before the third Lunar Womb demo was recorded. I hear some old Finntroll in there too, the swampy atmosphere maybe (Intro and Svampfest on Midnattens Widunder and Bakom Varje Funa on Jaktens Tid). The four other songs don't have this tone, but are still pleasant to hear.

So here is my question: do you know any other bands which play this kind of stuff? I'm speaking here about the specific tracks mentioned just before, not the whole Dungeon Synth style, which is very large. The Finntroll songs I referred are not as calm as the others, but have a very specific groove I really appreciate.

Soooo, if you can help me find similar artists, that'd be great :D

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Lunar Womb and Dungeon Synth
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:35 pm 

That blog is so great! Been following it for years, I got a good bunch of Moonsorrow-related rarities there. :D The other two Lunar Womb demos are available as well, just search the blog!

Report this post