Moonsorrow

Epic Heathen Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:27 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Welcome
Welcome to moonsorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the Epic Heathen Forum. Don't be shy, tell us something about yourself!

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:29 pm 

Well then, let's get this started! I'm Grilo do Demo (aka Grilo or Jrilo in some websites), I come from Galicia, Spain, I'm studying to become a translator and/or interpreter, and when these studies allow me some free time, I visit a foreign country or two. I like learning languages, reading about history (especially 20th century and pre-Christian Europe) and especially music: some classical, some prog rock and a lot of metal.

I discovered Moonsorrow relatively late, in December 2006, with the promo of Hävitetty; I was the kind of music listener who can't stand growling or harsh vocals, but that album blew me away, it was completely different to anything I had heard in my life and, to my own huge surprise, I loved it. After a little internet research, Raunioilla made me fall in love completely. Since then, I collect Moonsorrow releases, I joined and participated in the no-longer-existing official forum, I read tons of interviews, blog posts and studio diaries, I wrote the biography that's linked in my signature (which is quite outdated already), I saw the band live 5 times in 4 countries, I started a compilation of interviews and another one of bootlegs, and I created the forum you're reading right now so other fanatics like me could gather and share our thoughts and opinions, praises and rants, questions and knowledge, in friendly company.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:40 pm 

I'm nightwica which means Nightwish + Vitsa, the first being my all time favourite band and the second being my nickname... Currently 20 yrs old, university student in Budapest. Loving languages, cultures, travels, concerts, festivals, folk dancing, writing. Sometimes pretending to work on metal related articles+photography, but truly I just spend most of my time in front of my computer playing games, surfing the web for articles, jokes, and listening to music.

I haven't yet seen Moonsorrow, even though I know them since 2007, and I started liking the band with the song Raunioilla.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:49 am 

I'm Hobodoctor, though Grilo already knows me as Sasan through Facebook, so that's fine too, haha. I started listening to Moonsorrow just as the Havitetty album was coming out, too. Since you guys know the album I guess that's all I really have to say, haha. I kept up with the previous forum too (also as Hobodoctor) and enjoyed a lot of the discussions that would show up from time to time. I know there's only 8 of us (as of this writing) so I'm not waiting with baited breath for the old forum to be back in full swing, but I'm interested in being a part of whatever community we can pull together.

I've seen Moonsorrow three times now, all out in San Francisco. I kill a lot of time playing and writing music, but haven't so far put it all together in much of a cohesive package, and since I don't personally know too many musicians out here who are into Moonsorrow-type music there hasn't really been much of a rush to get try to get a band together.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:49 pm 

Glad to see you here guys ^^

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:48 pm 

Hello people! I'm Deocyn, 20 and from the UK, and I've been listening to Moonsorrow since sometime in 2008, around when I really started to delve into metal. I've been a metal fan since late 2007, and Moonsorrow were one of the first bands I really became hooked on after stumbling across Unohduksen Lapsi (which still remains one of my favourite songs to this day!). I've seen Moonsorrow once at Bloodstock Open Air, however I'd really crave a more intimate show in an indoor environment.

Outside of Moonsorrow I enjoy a fairly wide range of metal, I'm big on my black metal, particulary blackened folky / atmospheric stuff, and I very much enjoy my prog / experimental music aswell. My other favourite artists include Devin Townsend, Meshuggah, and Enslaved.

Glad to see another Moonsorrow forum open, I lurked on the old one but never really contributed. Hoping to change that this time round!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:08 pm 

Hehe the first step in being new at a forum.

Well, I am Robert from Dresden, Germany and 25 of age. I am Moonsorrow fan since I am 17 and I started with Verisakäät (it is still my most fav. one). I am studiying at the moment history (prefering the middle ages) and beside that I have an own bm project called Lebensnacht and I play also bass at Sado Sathanas (atmo bm). Well both bands are signed at my own small underground label Naturmacht Productions. But do not worry, I will certainly not use this forum here for advertising. hehe

I have a deep connection to Suomi it self as well, as my becoming wife is finnish and I am very often in this great country. Well, I also got my nickname "Roba" there, as for fins it is hard to say Robert. hehe

There is nothing better, than driving / walking through finnish woods at sunset and listening to Moonsorrow while it. \m/

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:36 pm 

Hey everyone! I'm Alie. I'm 23, half American, half Cypriot, hopefully moving (back) to Belgium soon to study philosophy. I got into Moonsorrow by hearing Tulimyrsky just over a year ago. It's some of the most beautiful and truly awesome music I've ever heard. I have not yet seen Moonsorrow live, but I really hope I get to.
I also have an affinity for the Finnish language and culture, so it's great to hear everything sung in Finnish. Haluan ymmärrän Suomea! I am interested in philosophy (especially ethics and logic), psychology, the sciences, music and language.
There's something very primeval and epic about Moonsorrow that I really love. I find their music to be a collection of compositional masterpieces!
I mostly listen to black, death, prog, folk, grindcore and various other types of metal. I've also recently discovered and liked neofolk, but 99.9% of what I listen to is metal.

Nice to meet you guys! \m/

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:23 pm 

Hello! I'm Marie-Neige from south of France currently living in Paris in my 30s (cough noises). I don't remember when I first listened to Moonsorrow, it took me a long time to "enter" the band's world.
I remember Hellfest in 2009 bickering with a friend who stated he won't attend the gig because "lame folkish drinking songs band". I pulled him on the 3rd row by his hair and didn't let him go away for 45 min :D He admited it was a great gig but never really became a fan, on the other hand, seeing them live for the first time had a huge impact on me and I started buying all the cds.
I try to see them live every year since but sometimes it doesn't fit my schedule, some years (like 2011) I got some extra (3 gigs!!).

MNge

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:09 pm 

Marie-Niege, I love your signature. Is it from Monty Python and the Holy Grail? :D

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next