Moonsorrow

Epic Heathen Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:12 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Welcome
Welcome to moonsorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:15 am 

Hello, everyone! My name is Helga (or Olga, feel free to choose which you like the most :) ), 23 years old, and I live in Moscow, Russia.
I haven't known Moonsorrow until late 2012 (oh, what a slowpoke I am, I know! :( ), when one starry night in the forest my friend turned "Huuto" on for me and I was like "WHAT IS IT? WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE?" :shock: I was truly mind-blown by it at that time (and I am still!), I started to get into the music deeper and am still discovering new and new things about Moonsorrow's music, which, as I can assume, is a kind of good omen.

With much confidence I can say that there are "favourite" bands and then there are some bands which stand a bit apart from any labels which you can make up for them, they are just here for you, you feel an ultimate inner connection to them. That is what Moonsorrow has been for these years for me, its music soothes me in hard times, "energizes" me when I am down and brings me so much joy overall (I even feel physically better when listening to it, now that was surprising to discover!).

In my usual life I am an auditor (so not much spare time for me) and an amateur music journalist (mostly on weekends, haha!); also love singing (and currently trying to get in a choir), swimming, reading (classics are #1 for me right now) and I am a big fan or art (Russian school realism, especially). I can name myself open for any kinds of music, but mostly I prefer folk/ethnic/a bit of pagan, classical/neoclassical, ambient, black metal/atmospheric black metal, opera and choral kind of stuff. I also love being with nature as long as it is possible so I often roam here and there in forests, fields, by the seas and mountains (if I get a chance to go to them).

PS A big personal thanks to Grilo for the all this contribution to Moonsorrow's legacy and setting up this forum ;)

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:05 pm 

Hellooooo, welcome here! Great introduction! Thank YOU for joining us, it had been a while since we didn't have new members. Hope you stay with us for long!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:54 pm 

I surely plan to :D (it will be hard to get rid of me, hehehe :D )

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:34 pm 

Hi guys! My name is Rodolfo, from Chile and i'm 31 years old.
I discover Moonsorrow around 1 year ago (right after i came back from my vacations in Helsinki) and their music went so fucking deep inside me, it was love at first sight xD!
My favourite bands are mostly finnish (Moonsorrow ofc, Amorphis, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Nightwish, Wintersun, Opeth, Sabaton).

PS: sorry for my crappy english!

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:19 pm 

Dont worry about it man and welcome!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:20 pm 

A slightly belated welcome from Norway as well, hope you enjoy it here and help keeping the forum active and interesting. :)

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:59 pm 

I have introduced myself once in this thread back in February of 2014 and then completely forgot about the forum for some unknown reason.

So here is my intention of returning post! I'm a 21 year old music lover from the UK who has loved Moonsorrow since back in 2008 when I was first discovering folk metal. Since then they've remained one of my favourite acts and a big influence on a lot of my subsequent musical development, and Verisakeet remains one of my most treasured releases even when faced with a barage of new strong band discoveries over the years.

So yeah. Hai again! :D

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:37 am 

Well hello again haha! :D

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:58 pm 

Yeah, hi again. Sadly not only you, but the whole forum seems to be a tad slow these days. BUT I'll see Moonsorrow and a bunch of other great band next week, so I suppose I'll brag about that here, when I return home, he he.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:08 pm 

Hello! I'm a 34 "old lady" from Lisbon, Portugal. I've just recently started to listen to Moonsorrow although the band's name has been known well before. Metal has been a part of my life for some 23 years and I like bands from it's different genres: old Dream Theater, early Anathema, Carcass, Nevermore, Rage, Skyclad, Moonspell, Nightwish, Crimson Glory, Morgana Lefay, Sentenced, Amorphis, Dismember, Ensiferum, Iced Earth,just to name a few. I also like other stuff like Wardruna, Ulf Soderberg, Ruhr Hunter and 70's rock like King Crimson, Genesis, Jethro Tull. I prefer to classify music just as the one I like and the one I don't like, it's easier.

Somewhere in my 20's I just kept following the bands I already knew and missed all the rest mainly because everything sounded like something I'd listened before. And then there are bands like Moonsorrow, I've been immersed in their music, it's so refreshing.

Sorry for this long presentation!

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next