Moonsorrow

Epic Heathen Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Welcome
Welcome to moonsorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: HOME OF THE WIND: A HISTORY OF MOONSORROW (Documentary)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:32 am 

Dear Friends, Fans and Followers,

Be welcome to the HOME OF THE WIND.

Many of you have read the unofficial biography, some have reached the end of it, and someone may have actually liked it. Jokes aside, I am extremely happy to announce that my friend Leo and I have decided to make a documentary out of the biography. In it, you will see Moonsorrow like you never did. As its title suggests, it will depict Moonsorrow in their home, in Finland, in nature. We will travel to Helsinki to interview and film the band members, so you can hear their history from their mouths, see it through their eyes. They are with us. It is confirmed. This is happening.

And what's better: YOU can be a part of it.

Just wait and see. Details will follow at due time...

marieneige wrote:
Nontheless I'm glad it's coming, I'm also glad Grilo is making it.

MNge

Thank you! :D

Post subject: Re: Home of the Wind
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:33 am 

I can't wait for this project to come to fruitation! It will be amazing! I've followed Moonsorrow since I first heard them back in 99-00 or so and managed their website for 10 years after that. I even managed to get to scream on "Kivenkantaja" and do some handclaps on "Tulkaapa Äijät!". Very proud moments in my life! The die hard boxset stands as a monument in my vinyl collection. But THIS documentary will triumph all :) CAN'T WAIT!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:11 am 

I am so very excite. It will particulary good to have the documentary made by true "hardcore" fans such as yourself, will ensure its not only quality but also honest!

I'm unsure of the scale / budget this is being done on so I might be asking a silly question, but are there any plans for some sort of physical release for this? I assume not if its not something label backed, but no harm throwing out the question ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:34 am 

Your assumption is correct, no labels. The budget will be an interesting thing, but we're optimistic.

Leo will be the one taking care of the filming. Here you can see an example of his work--a very recent interview with Dave Lombardo's current band Philm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcRNcvr0DcQ

He's the head of The Breathless Sleep, the webzine for which I write since 2012. It was his idea to make the documentary, actually. I could never do this, I have trouble pressing the correct button in a simple camera. But he's awesome at this.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:37 pm 

If you need help dont hesitate to ask, I have very few skills, but who knows... I can knit you something if you plan to visit Finland in winter :lol:

MNge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:19 pm 

Okay....so....i graduate this june....so...i'll maybe get o job by December....just saying u know....no rush in releasing the documentary :P.... i missed the vinyl boxset....i dont wanna miss the documentary too :((( ....well....TOOOOOOOO EXCITED =D

P.S : Whats that poster??? is it some Celtic sign or something?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:56 pm 

Ooh yay this is exciting! I can't wait to find out what you mean by "YOU can be a part of it"...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:43 am 

CaptainYappo wrote:
I can't wait to find out what you mean by "YOU can be a part of it"...

That got my attention also!
Waiting interested to see how this goes :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:47 pm 

The meaning of the title “Home of the Wind” is threefold.

WIND here represents nature, which is Moonsorrow’s ultimate source of inspiration and what their music is all about. Paganism and nature are a fundamental part of Moonsorrow, and something the documentary will cover, from the point of view of the creators of the music.

HOME is where the documentary will be shot. Now, let us explain this a little further.

There are many different ways of making documentaries. For Home of the Wind, we chose the calm, intimate way. We’re not aiming for showing the life on tour or the summer parties in the cottage--while those can be interesting, they’re not what we intend this documentary to be. Instead, our script is based on the biography of the band, and our intention is to talk not only to the musicians themselves but also to other people related to the band, and show all the places that are relevant in Moonsorrow’s history: where music was recorded, where promo pics were taken, where they used to hang out, or any other place that’s relevant for Moonsorrow. This basically means Helsinki and the nearby area: the home of Moonsorrow.

Finally, as the better-knowing fans have already realized, “Home of the Wind, Home of the Waves” is the translation of the song title “Tuulen koti, aaltojen koti”, an instrumental from the debut album “Suden uni” that we believe perfectly captures the calm, yet wild essence of what this documentary will be.

A journey to the soundtrack of wilderness.

--
Encore: Also, as you can see, we're working on a website. Like the trees? Oh, if you knew ;)

And now, I'll tell you a secret: I sound calm and moderate and all that in these texts but I'm actually feeling excited like a little kid who's told he's being taken to Disneyland flying on Superman's back. Don't tell anyone.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:47 pm 

I'll keep that quiet ;)

MNge