Moonsorrow

Epic Heathen Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Welcome
Welcome to moonsorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Ask Moonsorrow
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:38 pm 

marko moonsorrow wrote:
Grilo do Demo wrote:
Do you guys think you will ever play Varjojen Virta live?

Never say never but this seems very unlikely to happen. We have never played this song with the whole band. Not even before the studio. The song was built and practised all of us separately and then just tracked in studio. After that no one of us has ever touched it. And to be honest, we find it a bit too heavy and boring song to be included on our setlist.

Lol @ it being too boring. Hävitetty is probably my favourite Moonsorrow album, perfection from start till end, only Tulimyrsky (the song) surpass the brilliance shown here.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:43 pm 

Hi!!
Thank you very much for the gig in Paris tonight, it's been indeed too long since november 2011.

My mom who was with me at the gig asked who was the french fictionnal character Ville said Kivenkantaja was about. I said it was Obelix because Kivenkantaja means stone bearer, I hope I didn't say **** ;) Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope to see you soon again!

MNge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:30 am 

Not being there myself, I can pretty much confirm it to be Obelix. :D

H

PS: Yay, first post!!!1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:11 am 

Hello Moonsorrow,

I want to ask if any of you know about the black metal festival held in Montreal called Messe des Morts? I'm asking this because while Moonsorrow isn't purely black, we saw bands like Samael there playing what I would hardly relate to black metal (the rest was pretty pure black tho). That made me thinking about how you could maybe contact the label in charge (Sepulchral Productions) and play your blackest album, in my opinion, V: Hävitetty there. They had one Moonsorrow album to sell at the show and it was this one haha! (Yeah I am biased since this is my favorite album!)

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:09 pm 

So, you guys have been really open in the past couple years about which bands and albums have influenced the band. Henri even had that awesome blog post breaking it down album by album.

My question is, are there any bands that you guys have always liked but their influence didn't really show until Jumalten Aika? Also, are there any albums that have come out since VKKM that influenced how the songs on this album sound? (*cough* *cough* Mgła *cough*)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:50 pm 

Is this section still alive?
In case it is I'd like to know if it ever happened to Ville to forget some lyrics on stage and replace them with random finnish sentenced, since nobody could notice? (well, out of Finland, of course!)

MNge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:20 am 

marie, that was a pretty dumb question ) I have a better one: shouldnt Ville be a bit more "civil" when talking to the audience at shows? I mean "WE ARE MOOOOONSORROWWWWAAHHHH" in growling voice sounds a bit silly ))) Just my two cents...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8