Moonsorrow

Epic Heathen Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Welcome
Welcome to moonsorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ask Moonsorrow
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:25 pm 

Thanks for the reply!
Alright... I fear it won't be monolithic in my favour, full of only veery melodic sankaris, and stuff like that, but rather monolithic for the extreme black side :((( I hope to be proven wrong at my firstevermunso concert. But then again, I am just a whining ***** who cannot even appreciate real ***-kicking metal and shouldn't be a Moonsorrow fan with such kind of a taste.... :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:27 pm 

I actually had a question for you guys from a while ago. Some random person made a post somewhere on Reddit saying she was going to be interviewing Moonsorrow and Koripklaani the next day and I gave her 7 questions to ask Moonsorrow, but instead of asking any of my questions in this interview she did with you guys, instead she ended up asking Korpiklaani my question for you guys in this interview, haha.

What do you think was the hardest decision you guys had to make while making VKKM?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:05 am 

I think it had to do with the mix of the album.
We had lots of acoustic instruments and arrangements that on their own sounded great but messed up the over all balance. So Henri streamlined the production by dropping most of that stuff.
It was the right thing to do, albeit painful.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:15 pm 

You mentioned earlier that there was also some trouble in figuring out the mix on Pimeä. Is agreeing on which elements to bring out in the mix always tough or were VKKM and Pimeä exceptions?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:03 pm 

We were wondering on there other topic that is there any chance to combine somekind a "beer & meet" activity with the gig in Virgin Oil?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:36 pm 

Yes, please :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:38 pm 

Do you guys think you will ever play Varjojen Virta live?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:29 am 

Grilo do Demo wrote:
Do you guys think you will ever play Varjojen Virta live?

Never say never but this seems very unlikely to happen. We have never played this song with the whole band. Not even before the studio. The song was built and practised all of us separately and then just tracked in studio. After that no one of us has ever touched it. And to be honest, we find it a bit too heavy and boring song to be included on our setlist.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:26 pm 

I understand... To me, it seems too complex to be arranged successfully for playing live. Maybe just a piece of it?

And if we're already talking about arranging, how come you started playing 1065 Aika only now, 14 years after recording it?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:39 pm 

personally...i dont think the Havitetty album should be played live....may be some rare shows...but not very often...
and yeah 1065 Aika.....im just glad that they've started playing it....Metaldays was the first time right?
and from all youtube videos i've seen of them performing live....i think they sounded the best in the Metaldays gig....but....i havent been to any of their live gigs so......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next