Moonsorrow

Epic Heathen Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Welcome
Welcome to moonsorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: 20.02.2015 Jorvik festival, York, UK
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:34 pm 

After checking different options, it seems like I'll be flying to London. It's ridiculously cheap, 31 € per flight, even cheaper than the train to York. But, Marie, thanks for your offer! Paris is a place I more and more need to visit. France in general.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:03 pm 

Seems like my better half and I booked the flights to York ._. Spend all the money :D But I wanted to visit England sometime anyway... And the things to see, like, of course the concert!! York Dungeon, the Viking Centre and eventually archaeological remains of Roman York and much more...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:11 am 

And I still haven't been to an English-speaking country. This is so unacceptable. But I don't dare to think about this trip. No idea about my February. And I should really stop spending big amounts of money. Maybe later I will regret it. Fortunately I'm not a vig biking fan [and neither do I like Moonsorrow the slightest] so it shouldn't be that bad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:02 am 

I am so excited about this. Currently trying to organise travel, which is an absolute pain due to the english rail system not accepting the fact that sometimes people need to travel past 11 in the evening! Mulling the various options, whether its forking out for a stupidly overpriced hotel or wandering the streets.

Its all fine though, I'm happy to wander the streets for this gig ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:33 pm 

Hmmm maybe I can help you with that accomodation thing. 24 quid, 10-bed room, 2 min away from the venue. Basically what I booked, but my plans changed so I'm going to cancel it. Need/want?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:40 am 

Hello everyone, I'm back from York! I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about the concert. On the one hand, I had heard all the songs 3 or 4 times already, while I never heard others like "Aurinko ja Kuu" or "Taistelu Pohjolasta" or "Unohduksen lapsi" or "Kuin ikuinen", except "1065: Aika" which I was really looking forward to and didn't sound so good, probably due to it being the opener. So Moonsorrow concerts are starting to get very repetitive for me.

But on the other hand, I enjoyed every second. I enjoyed "Jotunheim" more than ever. I really have a very good time, which after all is what I went for. So I can't complain! (Yes I can, I wanted to have an equally good time with songs I heard less than three times. :P )

Also, an interview was done to Ville. Him alone, because Mitja was being interviewed elsewhere. Not sure yet if it will be released as a video or only text, but either way, expect it in the near future!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:11 pm 

Having waited almost 7 years for my first 'intimate' indoor Moonsorrow gig, I can say I loved every second. They played my favourite song Pimeä, the atmosphere was amazing, the crowd engaged... basically everything I could have wanted.

Grilo do Demo wrote:
except "1065: Aika" which I was really looking forward to and didn't sound so good, probably due to it being the opener

Its a shame that live sound often has this issue, it definitely made the song a bit less epic than it should've been. Needless to say I still enjoyed it, but I dream of the day that sound is perfect from the get go, there have been a fair few bands I've seen whose opening songs have been a bit disappointing due to mixing issues.

Regardless, I have now ticked off something that has been very overdue. I have the feeling it will be a while till they return in a similar headline format, so I may have to start stalking them around Europe instead... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:53 am 

Concerning our setlist this winter, we picked the songs that I could play since my knee operation. Songs like Tulimyrsky, Aurinko, Jumalten... would have been impossible for me because they have lengthy double kicks and my leg still hasn't recovered entirily. Slowly I'm getting there but this is something that cannot be rushed.

Concerning the sound on opening songs: true, it has to do with the fact that when doing the soundcheck the venue is empty of people and the sound is set based on that. Then on the actual concert the amount of people of course alters everything, eq, dynamics, echoes, volume etc. So it is during the first song the sound engineer is battling through new setups and tweaks.

And oh boy the PA system in Fibbers sucked also.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:41 am 

Yeah I knew about your knee and your impossibility for playing fast songs. :/ The concert was conveniently enjoyed though. But I hope you're all healthy next time! And focus on faster stuff in compensation. :D